Jobs & Opportunities
Join our team!
Travelling Light are looking for an exceptional individual to take on the role of Youth and Community Officer.
The Youth and Community Officer will be responsible for the delivery of Travelling Light’s thriving young people’s programme including our four Youth Theatre groups, our projects for young people with additional needs Louder than Words and ActionSpeak, and our Outreach and Young Critics projects. The successful candidate will have extensive experience of working with young people as well as experience of managing, delivering and evaluating participatory theatre projects.
Travelling Light are committed to equality of opportunity and encouraging, valuing and respecting diversity. We welcome applications from people from the widest possible diversity of background, culture and experience.
This post is jointly supported by investment from the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport and the Big Lottery Fund.
- Youth and Community Officer Application Cover Pack
- Youth and Community Officer Job Description
- Youth and Community Officer Person Specification
- Youth and Community Officer Application Form
- Equal Oppportunities Monitoring Form
Other opportunities to join our team
We are also currently recruiting for a range of roles in our team of Participation Facilitators, Assistants and the new role of Louder Than Words Assistant Facilitator.
Our Participation department run four weekly youth theatre groups, two theatre groups for young people with additional needs, monthly theatre trips, outreach sessions and our Creative Learning programme working with schools, colleges and universities. Our Youth Theatre is open to everyone and provides a safe space for participants to express themselves each week. T-Lights after-school drama sessions take place in schools and participants have an opportunity to develop their performance skills.
Being part of Travelling Light Youth Theatre participants will:
- Create their own work. We are a devising company which means we shape the stories we tell together.
- Perform their work to family and friends at locations around Bristol.
- Experience working with professional directors, designers and choreographers.
- Connect with friends, discover new skills and have fun!
T-Lights is a satellite version of our Youth Theatre which takes place in school. During sessions participants have the opportunity to develop their drama and performance skills and work towards a termly sharing of their work. Sessions take place after school and follow the school’s term dates.
For more information on our Participation programme visit the Take Part pages of this website.
We are currently recruiting for the following roles:
Participation Assistants – various roles available with Youth Theatre and T-Lights.
Louder Than Words Assistant Facilitator – new role.
Participation Facilitators – Youth Theatre 7-10s & T-lights.
Applications for these roles are now open and the deadline for applications is 9am on Monday 4 June 2018.
Interviews will take place on: Monday 18 June and Tuesday 19 June 2018.
Download the job description, person specification and application form for each post below.
- Participation Assistant Job Description
- Participation Assistant Person Specification
- Participation Assistant Application Form
- Louder Than Words Assistant Facilitator Job Description
- Louder Than Words Assistant Facilitator Person Specification
- Louder Than Words Assistant Facilitator Application Form
- Participation Facilitator Job Description
- Participation Facilitator Person Specification
- Participation Facilitator Application Form
We are always looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help us with our work. Visit the Volunteer page to learn more.